Monday, August 2, 2010

I'm done

Today the score is autism 1, Mommy 0.

We have been having toileting issues with Noah for some time. If he is naked, he is potty trained. If he is not naked, he is not potty trained. That's not even the big issue.......

When he poops on the potty he does not push the poop out. Instead he uses finger to dig the poop out.....I know, I know GROSS! UGH!!!! Well. now he is bleeding from so much digging.......
So I called the pediatrician. The bleeding will stop and the tear will heal. I called the psychiatrist. How do I handle this behaviorally without ruining him for the rest of his life???????
She said to continue potty training, but he is not to be unattended. OK that's realistic. We need to reshape his bathroom routine and get him to wear clothes.

I broke down and made the call for professional help. Hopefully, someone can come out to the house soon. I need someone in the house every day from 4 to 7 to help with dinner, bath, and bedtime. He/she can devote their 100% attention on Noah (which I can't possibly do). I just got off the phone with the insurance company. Until the Autism Bill goes into effect on Jan 1, 2011, any behavioral help is not covered.

Tim even said today that it would be nice to have the autism go away for a few weeks so we could potty train Noah and then it could come back. I think we both feel defeated.

I need the autism to go away. I wish I could put it in a box up on a shelf for a little while. I know it won't go away forever, but just one day off would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment