Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Help Arrived Today

Help arrived today!!!! Let me rephrase that......FREE help arrived today!!!!!!

After the last poop incident, I called an agency to get some professional help in the house. I know the owner from work (she worked for SSD and went out on her own). After our initial phone call, she called me back with a proposition. She was contacted by a woman who was training to become an ABA provider and needed to be supervised. She could not work with a family that was receiving services from the Department of Mental Health. So, she will come in once a week, make a behavior plan for Noah and the toilet, and train other people to help us. When they find people to staff Noah, I will have to pay them. However, they aren't nearly as expensive as the ABA person who is coming up with the behavior plan and staying on top of things to make sure it's implemented. She will come on Friday nights since the other therapists don't come those nights. Yay!!!!!

When she asked about goals, all I could think about was getting him toilet trained. She will also focus on sitting at the table while eating (he takes one bite and runs around the table), getting dressed (and STAYING dressed), and brushing his teeth. I am so excited to have someone in the house whose sole purpose is to teach Noah these things. They won't have to worry about the other two boys, cooking dinner, doing laundry, etc.

I threw her into the fire today. I had her sit with Noah at dinner to make sure he used his fork and stayed in his seat. Then, she gave him a bath and used that time to reinforce learning body parts. Do you want to know how good he was tonight? It figures, when I have someone to help, he's good. Next week she is coming Wednesday....that's also his first day of school. Any guesses on what he'll be like the next time she sees him?????

No comments:

Post a Comment