Wednesday, January 7, 2015

I'm having surgery....

So here's another time that the autism just makes things a little more difficult.  I am having surgery tomorrow with a 6 week recovery period. For a few weeks I will not be able to push a vacuum, lift anything over 10 pounds, or go up and down the stairs. So, being left alone with Nate and Noah is now impossible.   My biggest stress is not the surgery itself, but getting Noah staffed during my recovery.

Luckily, the state approved emergency funding for additional hours for Noah.  Unfortunately, the company who provides our staff doesn't have enough people to staff all the hours we need help.  I am hoping they find the personnel we need.  As it is, I already am staying a few days with my mom so Noah doesn't jump on me or hurt me in any way. 

If Nate and Noah were typical children, I'd be able to be left alone with them after the surgery. They would also be able to help with cooking meals and keeping up the housework. I wouldn't be spending so much time and energy worrying about getting Noah staffed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment