Friday, January 16, 2015

8 days post surgery.....

I am 8 days post surgery.  I spent last Thursday night in the hospital.  When I was released last Friday, I went straight to my mom's.  It's quiet there so I was able to sleep and heal.  I am so used to all the staff being in the house, that I don't realize how loud and busy it always is.

Tim brought the boys to visit me twice at my mom's.  Noah really struggled.  He didn't understand why he couldn't sit next to me and twirl my hair.  He also went through my bag, brought me another pair of pajamas (he didn't notice that I already had a pair on), and then stripped and tried to find his pajamas.  He also didn't understand why I wasn't coming home with him.  I think it was a rough 5 days.  Luckily, the approval for extra staffing came through and he was staffed all weekend and kept busy.

I returned home Tuesday.  I arrived an hour before Nate and Noah got off the bus, so I had time to settle in and get comfortable.  When Noah came in off the bus, I was laying on the love seat.  I thought he'd come straight over for some love......no.  He ran right past me and into his room to put his things away.  He basically ignored me all night.  I'm not sure if he was mad at me....  

I got the silent treatment until 7:30.  Why 7:30?  Well at 7:30, Noah had been bathed, was in his pajamas, and had taken his medicine.  He was tired.  Now it was all about mom.  He brought me another pair of pajamas and asked for "Mommy's bed".  What did I do?  I promptly complied.  I put on the other pair of pajamas and climbed into my bed with him.  (Don't tell me he's too old to be in my bed.  You try having 2 children who will never snuggle and then suddenly the 3rd one wants to snuggle.  I have many years to make up for.  That's probably the topic for another blog)

We laid down under the covers.  Noah had a flapper in one hand and was twirling my hair with the other.  All was right with his world.


No comments:

Post a Comment