Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween is hard....

Halloween is hard. It's hard for both the boys and me.

It's hard for Nate and Noah because they don't understand. It just doesn't make any sense. Nate doesn't like to put on a costume. He used to scream like crazy when we tried to put one on him. Now, he just dresses as a Cardinal's fan.....very appropriate this year. Also, he doesn't understand that you don't go in the houses. He has been pretty grouchy the last 45 minutes. Noah put on his costume this year without screaming. He made it to 2 houses without laying down and screaming in the middle of the street.

Seeing all the kids in the neighborhood in their costumes makes me sad. Some of them are the same age as my kids. They should be their friends. My kids should be out with them tonight having fun. My kids should be laughing and telling their silly joke to get some candy. They should have been planning their costume for weeks. My kids should not have to be different......

I will get through tonight. I will be happy for all the parents that are out with their kids. I will be happy that they aren't dealing with the challenges that we are. I will be happy that each child that comes to my house tonight does not have autism. I will be happy that they did not have to sit in the doctor's office and hear those words 3 times.

I love my boys. Don't get me wrong....I love my boys. Halloween is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment