Monday, December 6, 2010

Noah's going to Southview........

Yipee!!!!!!

Noah's meeting went very well today. It was 2 hours, but this time, we were all on the same page. I sat down across the table from the Principal at Southview and said, "We can do this the easy way or the hard way." He replied by telling me that the data provided by Noah's teacher supports him going to Southview and he wasn't there to fight with me.

Boy, did they have data. When we looked at his IEP goals, he wasn't meeting them.....not even close. Usually goals are written to achieve the objective 80% of the time. There were goals that he was meeting the objective 0% of the time. 0%!!!! You don't have to be a math teacher to know that's not acceptable. I chose to just gloss over those 0 percents and focus on the main objective.....sending Noah to Southview.

We were also able to increase his Music Therapy from once a week to twice a week. Music Therapy is the only area that he is having any success and everyone agreed that more success would be good for him.

Tim and I are so happy! It's funny how we are acting like we just got both of our kids into Harvard. We just hope that Noah will have as much success at Southview as Nate. We were hoping that he could stay in the regular school for a few years, but it just wasn't working. It's not that the regular school was bad, he just needs more.

I wish I could see the future. I know this is a good move, but I am always wondering what else should we be doing? I won't rest until I know that we have exhausted every resource.

No comments:

Post a Comment